1. Minecraft was initially released 10 years agoMinecraft was initially released 10 years ago on November 18, 2011.
2. The game was created by Markus "Notch" PerssonThe game was created by Markus "Notch" Persson and was developed by the Swedish game developer Mojang Studios.
3. There are five different "game modes" in MinecraftThere are five different "game modes" in Minecraft. They are: survival mode, extreme mode, creative mode, adventure mode and spectator mode.
4. Minecraft was taught in schoolMinecraft was taught in school! In 2013, a Swedish school called Viktor Rydberg High School introduced Minecraft as a mandatory part of its curriculum for all of its 13-year-old students. One teacher explained that the students "learn about urban planning, environmental issues, how to do things and even how to plan for the future." How about doubling down on Minecraft to end a long day at school?
5. Minecraft is the best-selling video game of all timeMinecraft is the best-selling video game of all time! It has sold 238,000,000 copies, enough for the entire UK population to own more than FOUR copies EACH!
6. The Rarest item in Minecraft is the Dragon EggThe Rarest item in Minecraft is the Dragon Egg. It only appears when the Ender Dragon has been defeated, at which point, the Dragon Egg will appear on the exit portal!
7. A day in Minecraft lasts 20 minutes in real timeA day in Minecraft lasts 20 minutes in real time. Imagine if our days were so short ... a year would take just over 5 days!
8. Minecraft is almost called something elseMinecraft was almost called something else ... It was originally nicknamed "Cave Game" before the creator decided on Minecraft.